Federal Game Table
Some construction notes.....
My current projects......
Two inner curly maple dovetailed boxes, lined with tin, and edged with ebony
William Francis Brown
November 2017 News & Updates:
1. I'm carving traditional Bellamy Eagles, ca. 1890's Portsmouth, NH & Kittery, Maine. About to gold leaf 6 eagles. I've done five styles so far. See photos from my carving bench at the bottom of this page for a slide show and my new "Bellamy Eagle" page for photos and tutorials.
I've got a new eagle, the "Bellamy 1812 Eagle"-- click on the eagle page for a slide show on how I made it.
See my new Facebook carving site: https://www.facebook.com/williamfrancisbrown
2. Entering my folding-leaf walnut Federal side table (with tons of inlay and veneer) in some competitions. See photos and slide show ("table No. 3") at the bottom of this page.
3. Working on side-table No. 7 of my series of 12 tables. Each one features different inlay and veneer designs. Photos below. See the new slide show featuring the tables below, and also the tutorials on the 'Federal End Table' page.
4. Working on a series of Sheraton period (1790 - 1820) Tea Caddies in different figured woods. These are loaded with inlay and fun to make. See photos below or check my FaceBook site..
4. Writing an article for the Society of Period Furniture Makers on Chester County Furniture. Still gathering info, as there is very little written on this subject. Wintertur and Chalfont's Antiques (around the corner form where I grew up in Malvern, PA) have been very helpful. I'll put the link here after publication.
Currently finishing with shellac & varnish
Sheraton Tea Caddy