top of page
Finish options for carvings
There are 5 basic options for finishing a carving:
1. 24 karat Gold Leaf - this is very bright and shiny. Gold leaf is dazzling when it reflects sunlight.
2. Burnished, antiqued, or aged gold leaf - this can be achieved to create anything from a subtle burnished look to decrease the sheen all the way to an authentic 200 year old original antique aesthetic.
3. Natural - No gold leaf is applied so the natural wood grain shows through. This also can be antiqued to any degree desired.
4. Painted - Bellamy painted some of his eagles white. This is a clean and crisp look.
5. "White Gold" - this is gold leaf alloyed with silver. I had a recent order from Vineyard Vines for a whale carving in white gold. I will post the photo soon.
Here are examples of each of the above......
1. 24k Gold Leaf
This is a Paragraph. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start editing the content and make sure to add any relevant details or information that you want to share with your visitors.
2. Antiqued Gold Leaf
Lightly burnished 24k
3. Natural Wood
Light Finish for clarity of wood grain
5. White gold - this is a thin leaf similar to gold leaf but a mix of gold and silver (cost is the same as gold leaf)
With Pinstripe Without pinstripe
With pinstripe Without pinstripe
White outline of shield Blue outline, Gold stripes Red outline
bottom of page